Thursday, August 23, 2007

Atlast got my new Passport....phew..

Atlast after 5 weeks of wait, I got my new Indian passport. The wait was very harrowing and made worse by no one responding to emails or phone calls. I was going to personally visit the embassy (4 hour drive one way) to sort out any issues but my luck improved and someone at last (a nice lady) picked up the phone.
She told me that the Chicago consulate has a lot of backlog and hence processing was taking more than 5 weeks. Also due to this they were not responding to phone /email inquiries. I got a confirmation from her that my application was being worked upon and as promised by her I received the passport.

My Advise for those who are trying to renew
1. Try to visit the embassy personally and get the passport the next day.
2. If sending by mail, have patience. Also try calling these numbers. 312-595-0413 or 0411.
Click here for the website.

Good luck...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.